Home Energy Audits are the Full-Service Solution to Becoming Energy Efficient
Performing a home energy audit is the best way to get a full analysis of the energy needs of your home. The Arizona Energy Management Council can provide you with a certified, expert contractor who can offer this service. Energy Audits give many benefits to home energy efficiency including:
- A Building Performance Institute Certified Contractor will evaluate your home to see if air conditioning, duct repair, insulation, air sealing, and/or window treatments can be installed to reduce energy costs in your home.
- Your local utilities may provide you with money saving rebates and you may also qualify for tax incentives for certain ENERGY STAR Products.
Important Questions to Ask Your Contractor
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured? (Keep in mind that your contractor's license should state they are licensed to install or repair the specific type of system you need.)
- Are you Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certified?
- Have you been in business in Arizona for more than one year?
- Do you have unresolved complaints with the Registrar of Contractors and is your license in good standing?
- Are there any unresolved complaints with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can you provide positive customer recommendations and referrals?
Additional Criteria to Consider
- Company participates in dispute resolution through third party arbitration
- Have signed a customer satisfaction Pledge of Performance
- Provide maintenance agreements
- Provide and explain written warranties
- Business address is published and service trucks are clearly identified
Arizona Energy Management Council members abide by all the criteria above and are licensed, bonded, and insured contractors in good standing with the Registrar of Contractors and the Better Business Bureau.
More Information on the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program.
More Information on the BPI Certification Program.
Call the Arizona Energy Management Council at 602-266-7283 to be referred to a home energy expert who can help you with all your window treatment needs.